The Home Bar Awards is a celebration of those who elevate, innovate, and challenge the status quo of home bartending. It's for the work-night warriors who reject store-bought margarita mix. It's for the cocktail-party enthusiasts who laugh in the face of a batched cocktail. It's for those who simply have a passion for home bartending and want to share that passion with the world.
We've set out to find the world's best home bartenders. Not just those with the most followers. And not just those who have the nicest cameras. But those who have embraced the art and the science of home bartending.
Think you've got what it takes? Enter by using the hashtag #homebarawards on your Instagram posts.
How to Submit Entries
1. Eligible entries for Home Bar Awards 2019 must be submitted between January 1, 2018 and December 31, 2018.
2. Participants submit entries by tagging #homebarawards on any home bartending related posts.
3. Participants can submit an unlimited numbers of entries.
4. Participants can work for licensed entities or brands, but eligible accounts must have no affiliation with them.
5. Professional bartenders and enthusiasts are welcome to enter the monthly challenges, but all entries must be created at home.
6. Posts that are sponsored or paid for by someone else (native advertisements) are ineligible.
The Home Bar Awards will select a unique challenge every month. At the end of the month, prizes will be given to the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners, which guarantees them a nomination for the annual award, Home Bartender of the Year.
January - Mocktails
February - Tiki Torch
March - Equal Parts
April - Edible Garnish
General Grading Criteria
Posts that tag #homebarawards are eligible for an award, but the award goes to the respective account, not the post. While each award has its own grading rubric, the following criteria will be taken into account for all awards:
Photo and video production
Quality and accuracy of information
Home Bartender of the Year
The Home Bartender of the Year is equal parts artist and scientist. This person has built a foundation on the classics. However, he or she consistently creates new, bold cocktails that push the boundaries of traditional home bartending. This award goes to the person who delivers on presentation, without compromising taste and balance. Not only does this person make great cocktails, but has become an integral part of the home bartending community through helping to educate others on craft mixology.